Here are a few facts from regional market reports:
1. There are fewer “new listings” coming on the market
2. Yes, less are going right into contract. But still fast versus a few years ago.
3. Result is more “active” listings
4. Sales to list price is still very healthy
5. 45% of sales closed were over list versus 62% in April
6. Active listings accepting offers is decelerating
Certainly a lot to digest; however, to summarize: Historically real estate on the Monterey Peninsula continues to be a sound investment and investment that can be enjoyed.